Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An update on preparing for Baby Stockman

I have been very behind in updating this blog! I guess I just have to be in the mood to blog and I guess I am finally at that point where I am ready to write about all that we have been doing in preparing our lives for baby stockman. We still have not officially decided on a name yet. Right now, we really like the name:
Bentley Everette Stockman
Like I said, its not official and we are still open to other name options. In the last month, we have started putting Bentley's room together and now have a crib, a chair and a dresser in his nursery.

Can I just say that I am so thankful for my Husband and all of his many talents that he has been given. He has done so much for Bentley's room that there is no way I could have done anything without him. He is a handy man and a crafty man. My hubby sure is the best!

Here is Nic putting together the crib...boy was he excited about putting it together too!





Nic and I saw this elephant art work that we really liked so we decided to make it ourselves for the nursery. Nic, being the creative one that he is, did most of the work. I did a little painting to contribute to the project. Nic and I aren't doing an elephant or animal theme but we wanted to put something neutral on the walls. Below is Nic working on the project and a picture of it completed and in the nursery.






My grandmother also gave us a dresser that she was not using. It was dark green and had many layers of paint on it but Nic and I wanted to paint it a different color. So....off to Lowe's we went to get an electric sander so Nic could start working on the dresser. Here are the before and after pictures. 




I decided that I was going to try and start sewing things for Bentley. Now I have never had a sewing class so I am very much a beginner but I wanted to start on a burp cloth. My first one was not the best but I am going to start working on more burp clothes so that I can become better at sewing. Below is a picture of my first sewing project. 


Now I have not been very good at posting belly pictures but here is one that was taken at 24 weeks. I am now 27 weeks so I have grown since then but hopefully I will be putting up a new picture soon. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the name Brittany!!! And the room is looking great- so cute

    ReplyDelete